Oh, wow, and another award just popped into my comments, again by the lovely urbandementria whose blog you should really check out! Thank you again! 😀 This time, it’s the Liebster-Award, an award I already got with my german blog My Life in Words and which I then already enjoyed answering to. The fun thing about this blog award is that it is always “new”, as the nominator creates the award questions herself. But just go on and see 🙂
- Post the badge on your blog – check.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog – check.
- Answer the questions proposed – check.
- Write 10 questions for those you nominate to answer in turn. – check.
And now for urbandementria’s questions:
- Why do you blog?
When I started blogging eight years ago, it all started as a sort of diary. Oh, the post from then… a lot of them include things I now would never share with the public. My consciousness and knowledge of how the internet works has changed and grown a lot since then. But, after all these years, I still write more or less diarylike, about personal thoughts and events and topics. This blog I started parallel to my German one also to improve my English and keep in training. Additionally, I want to expand my photography and hope to regularly keep using the camera to show the results here.
- Tell the story behind the name of your blog.
Pretty simple: as a fixed topic point, this blog will tell my stories and struggles and thoughts as a young mother. The twins will turn 1 in three weeks time and there are still some things we all have to figure out. So “becoming a family” is something that we’re pretty occupied with 😉
- Which books are you currently reading?
The Swarm by Frank Schätzing, A Brief History in Time by Stephen Hawking and… actually I’m just figuring out which one next. A fantasy novel, I guess.
- Which are the three books that you cannot live without?
Oh, that’s a hard one. I guess The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, Ronja Robbersdaughter by Astrid Lindgren and Macbeth by Shakespeare. On the other hand… oh man, that’s really hard. Can’t I pick more?!
- If there was a movie based on your life, which actor/actress would be best suited to play you and why?
Well, if going by looks, I’d say Kelly Reilly. Apparently, she resembles me pretty strongly, especially in Sherlock Holmes. More close to me in age and judging from interviews also in character, might be Jennifer Lawrence, but… honestly, who am I to decide that?
- Which is the one novel/short story that you would love to have been a character of?
Also, not easy. A lot of novels I love have quite tragic main characters and I had enough tragic in my life, thank you very much. Oh, but I know one: Ronja Robbersdaughter. Beautiful world, full of very natural magic and creatures, a simple and magical life. At least that’s how I imagine it.
- Are you more comfortable with writing poetry or prose? Why?
I like writing both but admittedly, I prefer prose. Maybe because poetry always is kind of the raw emotion of oneself which is not always easy to access. Prose, characters, worlds, stories are a place to go, sometimes also just to have fun. I love creating stories and characters, giving them life and love and tragedy and awesome and that just works better with prose.
- Tell us three random facts about yourself.
My favourite colour is teal, more tending to green than blue. I have a black cat named Dante. I’m the eldest of five siblings, two girls and three boys.
- Which book would you have loved to write?
Hm. I’m torn between The Silmarillion by Tolkien (because: what a world! What complexity! WHAT STORIES!!) and The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger (because: what fun to write! What play with language and our world!). Help me choose? 😉
- How would you like to be remembered?
As a kind, interesting and loving person who cared about her family and friends and could not suffer injustices, always fighting for more awesome and goodness in the world.
Okay! My turn! 😀
- What is your most favourite memory?
- If you could choose any historic period where and when would you like to live?
- Ebook or paper book?
- What electronic device would you really miss if you had to discard them all?
- Do you have a soulmate? Tell us something about him/her.
- Is there something that you really want to do before you die?
- Do you believe in some kind of afterlife, be it rebirth, heaven/hell or nirwana?
- What could you not live without?
- If your life had a soundtrack, which one would it be?
- If you could choose any kind of life what would it be like?
And the nominees are just a few this time, as most of the blogs I like to read either have already been nominated or generally don’t do such award posts. But if anyone wants to grab this, answer the questions and forward the award, please go ahead!! I’d love a comment if you did it with a link to your post but apart from that: spread the love! 😀