GUYS! I’ve been nominated! By the wonderful urbandementria, a fellow BloggingU blogger from India, whose simple and colourful stories paint a beautiful picture of her life. Make sure to check her out! She said some very kind things about my writing and I feel very honored to have been given this lovely award:
I guess, the major part of this Blogger Award is not only to tell someone you like his or her writing and stories, but also to learn a few things about the other bloggers. So, as with most “chain posts”, there are a few rules one is supposed to follow. Normally I don’t very much like the idea of such things as it often feels obligatory. But what I do like (and hence my participation) is to get to know people – basically this is the reason why we read and write blogs, right? To tell stories and to learn something, be it about a certain topic or a person or just be inspired.
Alright, onwards to the rules.
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you. – done.
2. List the rules and display the award. – done.
3. Share seven facts about yourself. – done.
4. Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. – done.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. – done.
Ready for some facts and trivia about me? Here you go.
- I am a person of light. Meaning that despite all the coziness and cuddling and snow and cold of winter which I can enjoy a lot, I always yearn a bit for the summer, when there is more daylight than night and more sun than clouds. I need the light to keep my mood up.
- For one year I studied Egyptology then stopped because I wanted to concentrate on my masters thesis for English Literature. I still regret it.
- Friends of mine once lived in a haunted flat. Since I stayed with them quite often, I witnessed really strange things. I’ve believed in something like ghosts ever since.
- I’m a Trekkie. For those not familiar with that term: a Star Trek fan. I had to attend a convention where a lot of ST stars went to realize it, though. I was standing in the middle of the crowd, catching myself at thinking how I knew every star attending and how fangirly I was and suddenly I was like “Oh my. I’m a Trekkie.” And no, that does not contradict being a fantasy fan 😉
- I am short-sighted and I hate it.
- I am bisexual. Yes, I’m married to a man and no, that does not mean I’m now heterosexual. And no, it also does not mean that I miss something or that I can’t be faithful.
- I already did such a list not long ago and you should go and check it out: Ten Random Things
Now for the nominations. Originally it said to nominate 15 bloggers but I removed that from the list as I think it gets random with so many nominations. There are however a few blogs I really would like to recommend, some of which I found through Writing 101.
strange child for
her his (whoops ;)) simple, to-the-point posts.
to search and to find for her wonderful poems.
remind your mind for her unique approach to everything.
bbb for her beautiful pictures.
finding beauty in the everyday for doing exactly that.
The Girl Who Married A Bear for being an inspiration.
Walk The Wheel for sharing her approach to spirituality in such a beautiful way.
Go and check them out and immerse yourself in words and pictures and inspiration. Cheers! 😀